AZBMW.org
Toggle Content Welcome Guest! Please Register or Login Mon December 18, 2017, 8:50 pm
Toggle Content Main Menu

Toggle Content Recent Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

WTB Momo or mtech steering wheel 4 E30
Last post by frontin40 in Classifieds/Wanted on Nov 21, 2017 at 22:08:51

This forum is DEAD!
Last post by laplana325i in General Discussion on Oct 03, 2017 at 22:17:25

Selling VW GTI 1997
Last post by bmw325i in Other Models on Oct 01, 2017 at 00:46:51

FS: E30 back seat SOLD
Last post by meeceboy78 in Classifieds/Wanted on Sep 26, 2017 at 06:19:48

E46 track car manual coupe
Last post by Drift30 in Classifieds/Wanted on Sep 02, 2017 at 20:12:46

E85 where can I get it
Last post by JimsR in General Discussion on Aug 09, 2017 at 22:14:12

FS: E46 M3 KW 2-Way Adjustable Clubsport Coilovers...
Last post by bullfrog in Classifieds/Wanted on Jul 21, 2017 at 00:34:29

wtb: open 3.25, 3.46, 3.73 diff
Last post by bullfrog in Classifieds/Wanted on Jul 21, 2017 at 00:33:57

Looking for an E36 M3 - 5 speed
Last post by ambition in General Discussion on Jul 02, 2017 at 02:50:51

WTB BMW E21 back seat
Last post by meeceboy78 in Classifieds/Wanted on Jun 12, 2017 at 19:50:33

AZBMW Forums › General Forums › General Discussion › Suggestions on forum content and behavior (open topic)
Suggestions on forum content and behavior (open topic)
Community discussions
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
giantkeeper
AZBMW Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 1:43 pm
Post subject: Suggestions on forum content and behavior (open topic)

I'm in the process of reviewing and making changes to this board.

AZBMW has always gotten feedback that users were uncomfortable posting here because they were left feeling unwelcomed. I want this to change. My goal is to allow more members to be an active part of what we do here. I want them to feel involved, and I want them to feel that they can post here without the standard AZBMW trolling and heckling.

Did you know we have 2331 profiles that have been created on AZBMW and we currently have <1% actively posting?

First thing is first. The TOS is still in play, and must be followed.

Biggest change.....any and all trolling, heckling and off-topic ranting that this forum has been known for will stop. This will be managed with zero tolerance. Users may be warned for a violation of this, but most likely privileges will be removed. This applies to everyone, including OG's.

If you don't like what the OP posted, don't comment
If you don't like the OP, don't comment
If you aren't answering a question the OP asked, or supporting the post in a positive manner, don't comment
If a noob posts in the classifieds and has not met the posting requirements, don't comment
You don't have to agree with the OP, but you should show some restraint in how you respond or don't comment
If a member does not post a price as required, you can reference that a price is required. Show some couth!

Bashing of members will not be tolerated!

----------------

Suggestions. Do you have suggestions to improve the content/value of this site? Please post it here or feel free to PM me.

FYI - The forum style itself will likely not change anytime soon.

Meets, events, contests.....If you have suggestions, let's hear them.

----------------

If you weren't aware, our forum moderators are Stevohill, xAZxE30x and wkohler. I am the Admin of this site. Chris, Steve and Austin will monitor and support forum activities and edit/delete as they see fit to maintain this board. Any forum changes and user account changes will be handled by me or MarvelPHX.

Let's work together and make this forum the best it can be!

Last edited by giantkeeper on Tue Dec 30, 2014 7:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
MattE21
Hard Parker

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:20 pm
Post subject: Re: Suggestions on forum content and behavior (open topic)

Our 1st and 3rd Thursday meet attendance tanked and then went away. Evo MS meets were awesome and well attended but also have gone away.

Tech posts usually end up on the big forums, facebook groups and events and the uprising of the AZ BMW Group have left this forum feeling abandoned. We should explore some sort of merger. I know this has been discussed before but fell apart.

I personally am leery of attending any of the facebook events because I don't know the people that organize it or attend. If I saw more members from here commit to go I would also.

We should work together as a forum (AZBMW.ORG members) and plan out a schedule of events for 2015 that founding members and OG can commit to attending to rebuild the culture.

We should sponsor another meet and charity event at Octane Raceway like we did in the past as a joint effort with Vw Vortex group.

Lord of the flywheels

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:17 pm

^^ Lots of good points

I know from when i came out here in 08, everything was in full swing. The Thursday meets, the Evo meets, I even drove up to the westside meet because I enjoyed it. The facebook groups are, intimidating, ill say that. They are large and a wide variety of people, but its just like here, there are certain "OG members" that show up to every meet, and the group is very small.

I think a "rebuild" is necessary, there is a massive wealth of knowledge here that is not being used, and plus, its always good to meet up and talk about our bad decisions.

AZBMW Admin

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 11:02 pm

Excellent feedback guys! Matt, maybe we should do Octane for a meeting of the minds (soon).

xAZxE30x
Mr. Unicorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:52 am

I like the idea of the Octane meet!

I'll be honest, having kids kinda took my attention away from the car stuff. Back when I was single I was at everything and anything. Now it's harder but also get to ride the excuse that everyone else seems to be busy with their stuff as well.

I like the idea of planned events. I think going back to 1 meet a month. First or 3rd Thursday. Maybe alternate locations every month? I'm far as hell from up north but going on alternate months is not bad at all. I could work at my north office that day and then I'm closer.

So let's get a meet set to talk! If nothing we hang out

WorldTouringChamp
WorldTouringChamp

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 1:19 pm

Maybe have a "showroom" forum where people can just post up pics of their cars? I know a lot of other forums have main topic just around this. Plus I know we have a few detailers here on this board where they could showcase their and other cars they have worked on.

Cone Killer
Cone Killer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:20 pm

If we build it, noobs wel---- come.....
(See what I did there)
I agree, back in the day when I first joined I liked being overwhelmed with people giving helpful suggestions to even minor builds or noob tech questions. Now if someone ask the slightest ignorant question, we (I include myself because I have too participated in this) will make that person feel like an idiot when he might genuinely not know.
Hopefully we can all come together and make it a more approachable like-able group in the valley. And make our name known to others!
Just because most of the members drive e46 m3's, let's to fill the stereotype!

Originally Posted by giantkeeper
lol Luis - I've specifically requested yours to be pink - so it will match the color of your car!
giantkeeper
AZBMW Admin

PostPosted: Tue Dec 30, 2014 6:56 pm

bullfrog wrote:
Maybe have a "showroom" forum where people can just post up pics of their cars? I know a lot of other forums have main topic just around this. Plus I know we have a few detailers here on this board where they could showcase their and other cars they have worked on.

Done!

bastarde38
Soulless Ginger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 12:33 am

im cool with no trolling but how about a good ribbing? not insulting ignorance or anything but we still need a bit of a fun aspect to things.

i wholeheartedly agree with all of the above posts, its too bad i have nothing to offer. i will try my best with all technical and diag questions though. shadetree mechanics need love too.

there / they're / their ...then / than ...two / too / to ...bass / base ...bare / bear ...brake / break...braid / ??? ...you're / your ...do / due / dew ...patients / patience ...wait / weight ...affect / effect ...know / no ...sell / sale / sail / cell ...whole / hole ...reign / rain ...moot / mute ...its / it's ...pore / pour / poor ...buy / bye / by / bi ...lose / loose ...here / hear ...bore / boar / boor ...waist / waste ...were / we're ...and / an ...mourning / morning ...shelve / shelf ...well / we'll / will ...one / won / Juan ...who's / whose ...through / threw ...for / fore / 4 / four ...bored / board ...steel / steal / still ...scene / seen ....road / rode ...sight / site / cite ...mat / matte ...ascent / ascend ...tear / tare ...throw / throw ...vice / vise ...meat / meet / mete ...learn the difference
giantkeeper
AZBMW Admin

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 1:03 am

bastarde38 wrote:
im cool with no trolling but how about a good ribbing? not insulting ignorance or anything but we still need a bit of a fun aspect to things.

i wholeheartedly agree with all of the above posts, its too bad i have nothing to offer. i will try my best with all technical and diag questions though. shadetree mechanics need love too.

You would be a great source of information on the tech stuff.

We should probably keep the "good hearted ribbing" for the OG section and meets. We all know it's good natured but it never comes across that way.

xAZxE30x
Mr. Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 2:50 am

giantkeeper wrote:
bastarde38 wrote:

You would be a great source of information on the tech stuff.

We should probably keep the "good hearted ribbing" for the OG section and meets. We all know it's good natured but it never comes across that way.

I have texted him countless times for advice on issues. I say he goes on 24hr call lol

Yeah a good ribbing is always in fun. But not everyone has thick skin and then it seems like it's awful

Lord of the flywheels

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:32 am

We need Gabe for an environmentally safe section aswell, since my M3 kills everything.

Soulless Ginger

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 4:20 am

Mtrace wrote:
We need Gabe for an environmentally safe section aswell, since my M3 kills everything.

Reported for trolling

there / they're / their ...then / than ...two / too / to ...bass / base ...bare / bear ...brake / break...braid / ??? ...you're / your ...do / due / dew ...patients / patience ...wait / weight ...affect / effect ...know / no ...sell / sale / sail / cell ...whole / hole ...reign / rain ...moot / mute ...its / it's ...pore / pour / poor ...buy / bye / by / bi ...lose / loose ...here / hear ...bore / boar / boor ...waist / waste ...were / we're ...and / an ...mourning / morning ...shelve / shelf ...well / we'll / will ...one / won / Juan ...who's / whose ...through / threw ...for / fore / 4 / four ...bored / board ...steel / steal / still ...scene / seen ....road / rode ...sight / site / cite ...mat / matte ...ascent / ascend ...tear / tare ...throw / throw ...vice / vise ...meat / meet / mete ...learn the difference
xAZxE30x
Mr. Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 31, 2014 6:56 am

bastarde38 wrote:
Mtrace wrote:

Reported for trolling

Time out.. Consequence is you have to drop the beast off at my house for a weekend Wink

AZBMW Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:23 pm

bastarde38 wrote:

Offtopic is the perfect place to unleash your whip...... Twisted Evil

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  General Discussion
Page 1 of 2