AZBMW.org
Toggle Content Welcome Guest! Please Register or Login Thu January 18, 2018, 4:35 am
Toggle Content Main Menu

Toggle Content Recent Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

WTB Momo or mtech steering wheel 4 E30
Last post by frontin40 in Classifieds/Wanted on Nov 21, 2017 at 22:08:51

This forum is DEAD!
Last post by laplana325i in General Discussion on Oct 03, 2017 at 22:17:25

Selling VW GTI 1997
Last post by bmw325i in Other Models on Oct 01, 2017 at 00:46:51

FS: E30 back seat SOLD
Last post by meeceboy78 in Classifieds/Wanted on Sep 26, 2017 at 06:19:48

E46 track car manual coupe
Last post by Drift30 in Classifieds/Wanted on Sep 02, 2017 at 20:12:46

E85 where can I get it
Last post by JimsR in General Discussion on Aug 09, 2017 at 22:14:12

FS: E46 M3 KW 2-Way Adjustable Clubsport Coilovers...
Last post by bullfrog in Classifieds/Wanted on Jul 21, 2017 at 00:34:29

wtb: open 3.25, 3.46, 3.73 diff
Last post by bullfrog in Classifieds/Wanted on Jul 21, 2017 at 00:33:57

Looking for an E36 M3 - 5 speed
Last post by ambition in General Discussion on Jul 02, 2017 at 02:50:51

WTB BMW E21 back seat
Last post by meeceboy78 in Classifieds/Wanted on Jun 12, 2017 at 19:50:33

AZBMW Forums › General Forums › New Members › Time for an introduction
Time for an introduction
A place for our new members to introduce themselves
Go to page Previous  1, 2
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  New Members

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bfp9

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:06 pm
Post subject: Re: Time for an introduction

bastarde38 wrote:
Yeah those Kiowas i think are a great bird they should keep around for a long time. Its like a scaled down Apache. Shame, I've seen them in action personally and wouldn't mind a couple watching my back out on patrol.

Good thing everyone knows the Apache will be around for a while longer.

They haven't quite released what they are intending on replacing it with, but it is going to have to be pretty badass. The Little Bird, what ODA teams (Special Forces, SEALS, DEVGRU, MARSOC) use is an upgraded version of the Kiowa. Same platform, just a little different body. Taking the Kiowa out, I think we will see they have something pretty awesome in mind.

Although lets just hope that this whole development of a new bird doesn't turn into something like the F35 where they have pumped Billions of dollars into the development of it, then paused it, then said we are in too deep, we have to finish, only to have to set aside another couple billion from the defense budget to finish a bird that likely won't ever be finished due to the difficulty of production.

Whoa that kind of turned into a rant. Apologies.
bastarde38
Soulless Ginger

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:21 pm

bfp9 wrote:
You grew up in Highland Falls?! Hahahaha no way. And also such a small world that you installed them! Babbit? You did a damn good job. I didn't have you put the front low enough the first time, but I fixed that in 30 minutes in my garage.

Highland Falls is a tough place man. I don't mean to sound bad, but just about every week or two a cadet gets mugged, and we've had a couple even get stabbed (cadets think they are invincible and can take anyone, no matter if they have a weapon or not.) I don't know if you have been back recently, but they have definitely tried to clean the area up a little bit, the museum has had some work done, they brought in a couple of new restaurants like American Burrito. Highland Falls Market no longer delivers food because their building didn't pass code and their kitchen was deemed unsanitary. Schades is still around. Dong Fong is absolutely horrible. Terrible.

Dude great to see a familiar face on here. I mean I'm sure I saw you at Babbit when you were doing the work.

Hahahaha yeah we used to call it "Harlem Falls" cuz it was such a cesspool of lowlifes. Good to see they're keeping the tradition alive of fucking with the cadets. We all used to do it. Never stabbed though, thats fucked up.

No i haven't been back there in a while. My sisters were actually just there two weeks ago for a wedding and said it looked a lot cleaner. Good to hear Schades is still there, best pizza on the planet. (i might be biased though). I never liked that chinese food place but they were friendly to us townies.

I know you've probably been there for a while but i will give you a tip, don't leave Main street. Especially don't go up Schneider ave (the stop light next to the police station) thats my old neighborhood and the worst part of town. Just some friendly advice.

Enjoy your stay and take care of the M.

there / they're / their ...then / than ...two / too / to ...bass / base ...bare / bear ...brake / break...braid / ??? ...you're / your ...do / due / dew ...patients / patience ...wait / weight ...affect / effect ...know / no ...sell / sale / sail / cell ...whole / hole ...reign / rain ...moot / mute ...its / it's ...pore / pour / poor ...buy / bye / by / bi ...lose / loose ...here / hear ...bore / boar / boor ...waist / waste ...were / we're ...and / an ...mourning / morning ...shelve / shelf ...well / we'll / will ...one / won / Juan ...who's / whose ...through / threw ...for / fore / 4 / four ...bored / board ...steel / steal / still ...scene / seen ....road / rode ...sight / site / cite ...mat / matte ...ascent / ascend ...tear / tare ...throw / throw ...vice / vise ...meat / meet / mete ...learn the difference
boastless
Cone Killer
Cone Killer

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 8:10 pm

That M5 was bought well. What's with the chrome line trim around the windows? Was it replaced at some point or was the car special-ordered that way?
bfp9

PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2014 9:24 pm

boastless wrote:
That M5 was bought well. What's with the chrome line trim around the windows? Was it replaced at some point or was the car special-ordered that way?

PO had painted it with cheap VHT stuff that started to chip, so I am in the middle of sanding it all off to get it professionally painted.
1_2race

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:15 pm

bfp9 wrote:
boastless wrote:

PO had painted it with cheap VHT stuff that started to chip, so I am in the middle of sanding it all off to get it professionally painted.

My m5 also has the chrome trim. Your car is almost my cars exact twin. I really have a lot of work to do to mine. It really hasn't enjoyed driving 60 miles a day, or maybe that's my wallet? Anyway always good to see another e39 m5 around.

Deutsche Tourenwagen Masters
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  New Members
Page 2 of 2