AZBMW.org
Toggle Content Welcome Guest! Please Register or Login Thu January 18, 2018, 1:43 pm
Toggle Content Main Menu

Toggle Content Recent Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

WTB Momo or mtech steering wheel 4 E30
Last post by frontin40 in Classifieds/Wanted on Nov 21, 2017 at 22:08:51

This forum is DEAD!
Last post by laplana325i in General Discussion on Oct 03, 2017 at 22:17:25

Selling VW GTI 1997
Last post by bmw325i in Other Models on Oct 01, 2017 at 00:46:51

FS: E30 back seat SOLD
Last post by meeceboy78 in Classifieds/Wanted on Sep 26, 2017 at 06:19:48

E46 track car manual coupe
Last post by Drift30 in Classifieds/Wanted on Sep 02, 2017 at 20:12:46

E85 where can I get it
Last post by JimsR in General Discussion on Aug 09, 2017 at 22:14:12

FS: E46 M3 KW 2-Way Adjustable Clubsport Coilovers...
Last post by bullfrog in Classifieds/Wanted on Jul 21, 2017 at 00:34:29

wtb: open 3.25, 3.46, 3.73 diff
Last post by bullfrog in Classifieds/Wanted on Jul 21, 2017 at 00:33:57

Looking for an E36 M3 - 5 speed
Last post by ambition in General Discussion on Jul 02, 2017 at 02:50:51

WTB BMW E21 back seat
Last post by meeceboy78 in Classifieds/Wanted on Jun 12, 2017 at 19:50:33

AZBMW Forums › General Forums › New Members › ew 95 E36 M3 owner wanting to hay hello.
ew 95 E36 M3 owner wanting to hay hello.
A place for our new members to introduce themselves
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  New Members

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ACK-FIN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 10:57 am
Post subject: ew 95 E36 M3 owner wanting to hay hello.

I'm not sure how detailed these introductions tend to be do I won't make a Text Book of it. Me: I'm 52 and have lived here in Mesa for a little over 5 years. Came here to help my parents since they aren't able to do everything the need to do while keeping a winter house down here and a cabin up near Flag. Several years I had to sell my pride and joy 95 RX-7 because of finances. Well, recently an ancient snowbird lady ran a red light and wiped me out pretty bad. I didn't want to build another rotary and wisely setled on a 95 Avus Blue M3, with 110K miles, it's been garqage kept and it shows plus the original owner dropped in nearly every Dinan part available. Obviously I'll have to add my personal touch on this beauty but I think I might wait a few months so I'm not just tossin money at it out of un-researched excitement. That being said, I will be asking questions as I make my decisions. First order of business if water pump, radiator, oil cooler, and all new hoses.

The Dinan list is:
stage 3 suspension
throttle boty
supercharger, software, air box / intake
front strut tower bar
exhaust

Front Lower X-Brace

then UUC short through shifter
bmw group n motormounts
brembo 4 piston front calipers from a ferrari f-40
332mm cross drilled and slptted full floating hats from a mclaren f-1
stock rear calipers with solid cross drilled rotors

the cheapscate second owner sold the FIkse FM-10 17.8 wheels but the last owner just added a new set (90% tread) Yokohoma S-Drive wheels.

I stole this car because it's in such amazing shape and has a good paper trail of the significant work done..

I'll be looking forward to meeting up with some of you - after I get my license back or have a bud drive me to a meet-up. Feel fre to contact me with questions or if you doubt any of my description. I know tons about 3rd gen rx-7 but not a lot aboutg this car yet so I reasd and read but I want to hear real world experience about making changes to this car so I hope some of you turn your own wrenches instread of just having shat I call shopping cart cars - please ton't take that wrong - I have no attitudes or arrogance about the subject.

Oh, the previous owner posted pick at - s696.photobucket.com/u...20E36%20M3 password - BMWE36M3

Have a Bimmer Day

xAZxE30x
Mr. Unicorn

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 6:41 pm
Post subject: Re: ew 95 E36 M3 owner wanting to hay hello.

welcome! are those E46 wheels? They need to go! haha. very nice looking car though!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 7:17 pm

I agree wholehartedly. The second owner found out how expensive those Fikse wheels are and he sold them and added hideous wheels. That Is going to be one of the first things I rectify. I just missed out on a set of rebuilt BBS/BMW wheels that took my breath away. I have many things planned and really want to spend the first money on cooling system upgrades and all new weather stripping but those wheels must go with a swiftness - it'll be a few months since I'm about to have a second knee surgery to take out the screws and titanium plate - it keeps getting infected

ACK-FIN

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:27 pm

I'm sure this has been addressed elsewhere but I can't find the answer I'm looking for. If one rolls their fenders properly how much rim width can one expect to gain?

Mpoweraz
WorldTouringChamp
WorldTouringChamp

PostPosted: Fri Feb 28, 2014 8:33 pm

I know this car very well, was at my buddies dealership for a long time. I think it has those wheels for the purpose of clearing the brakes. Has larger calipers.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:20 am

In order to quit guessing I'm going to take it down to the local Dinan expert and let him tell me everything I want tio know. Then we can come up with a game plan. Because I think this car is whispering to me that it wants 500-600RWHP . I'm thinking 500 should be sufficient. I had just under 400 in the RX-7 and I always wanted a bit more. I'll need to get it on a road course and get some training before I do much if anything. A SCCA veteran bud told me to learn to drive at or near it's current limits then decide if I really want/need more. Oh, but this hella quiet Dinan catback must go.

Mpoweraz
WorldTouringChamp
WorldTouringChamp

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:31 am

I want the Dinan exhaust ill buy it from you Smile text/call 480-703-0550.

Soulless Ginger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:39 am

Welcome to the family. So you have a nice avus m3 with alot of the best mods already done to it, and youre still wondering what you can do to improve it? Nothing. Keep it exactly as it is and drive the piss out of it. If you wanted a fixer-upper you should have bought a fixer-upper.

And are you sure youre 52? only youngins with no future and even less money buy e36's. I think you meant to type 25.

Welcome again, i think we will keep you.

there / they're / their ...then / than ...two / too / to ...bass / base ...bare / bear ...brake / break...braid / ??? ...you're / your ...do / due / dew ...patients / patience ...wait / weight ...affect / effect ...know / no ...sell / sale / sail / cell ...whole / hole ...reign / rain ...moot / mute ...its / it's ...pore / pour / poor ...buy / bye / by / bi ...lose / loose ...here / hear ...bore / boar / boor ...waist / waste ...were / we're ...and / an ...mourning / morning ...shelve / shelf ...well / we'll / will ...one / won / Juan ...who's / whose ...through / threw ...for / fore / 4 / four ...bored / board ...steel / steal / still ...scene / seen ....road / rode ...sight / site / cite ...mat / matte ...ascent / ascend ...tear / tare ...throw / throw ...vice / vise ...meat / meet / mete ...learn the difference
ACK-FIN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 2:30 am

bastarde38 wrote:
Keep it exactly as it is and drive the piss out of it. If you wanted a fixer-upper you should have bought a fixer-upper.

And are you sure youre 52? only youngins with no future and even less money buy e36's. I think you meant to type 25.

Welcome again, i think we will keep you.

Arrogantly telling me I should have bought as fixer-upper and questioning the validity of my age isn't really the best way to get things rolling. So, I'm going to backup and give you the benefit of the doubt and figure that's just your way to 'Welcome' a new member. If that's not the case I must wonder if you aren't realy driving a Civic with tons of NOPI bling and a fart can while trolling in a BMW forum.

Peace.

bastarde38
Soulless Ginger

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:23 am

Its just my way of welcoming a new member and "feeling them out". You picked up the wrong tone from my fixer upper comment. it was more of a *shoulder shrug* "ehh, what can you do?"

Other than that,You did good.

I liked the civic bit. spot on.

there / they're / their ...then / than ...two / too / to ...bass / base ...bare / bear ...brake / break...braid / ??? ...you're / your ...do / due / dew ...patients / patience ...wait / weight ...affect / effect ...know / no ...sell / sale / sail / cell ...whole / hole ...reign / rain ...moot / mute ...its / it's ...pore / pour / poor ...buy / bye / by / bi ...lose / loose ...here / hear ...bore / boar / boor ...waist / waste ...were / we're ...and / an ...mourning / morning ...shelve / shelf ...well / we'll / will ...one / won / Juan ...who's / whose ...through / threw ...for / fore / 4 / four ...bored / board ...steel / steal / still ...scene / seen ....road / rode ...sight / site / cite ...mat / matte ...ascent / ascend ...tear / tare ...throw / throw ...vice / vise ...meat / meet / mete ...learn the difference
ACK-FIN

PostPosted: Sat Mar 01, 2014 7:39 am

Good enough. Like I said it could have been taken a few different ways so I puched back a bit. I'm good with it if you are.

MennyFresh
Cone Killer
Cone Killer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:01 pm

I saw this for sale when I was shopping for an m3, obviously it was way out of my budget. But dope car!
You don't seem to have a rare cat interior though.

Originally Posted by giantkeeper
lol Luis - I've specifically requested yours to be pink - so it will match the color of your car!
ACK-FIN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:44 am

MennyFresh, This is only my 2nd Bimmer and I really don't know much about them like I do other cars. So, I'm not understanding what you mean about the interior. Please explain.

MennyFresh
Cone Killer
Cone Killer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:09 am

azbmw.org/index.php?na...ic&t=16543

Originally Posted by giantkeeper
lol Luis - I've specifically requested yours to be pink - so it will match the color of your car!
ACK-FIN

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 4:37 am

Aha, you are correct sir. I opted for the Chinese Crested Interior option - it seemed that Canine owns Feline - en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...am_dog.jpg or Elwood who is now dead - fijione.tv/wp-content/...ugly2.jpeg

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  New Members
Page 1 of 1