AZBMW.org
Toggle Content Welcome Guest! Please Register or Login Sun December 17, 2017, 7:49 am
Toggle Content Main Menu

Toggle Content Recent Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

WTB Momo or mtech steering wheel 4 E30
Last post by frontin40 in Classifieds/Wanted on Nov 21, 2017 at 22:08:51

This forum is DEAD!
Last post by laplana325i in General Discussion on Oct 03, 2017 at 22:17:25

Selling VW GTI 1997
Last post by bmw325i in Other Models on Oct 01, 2017 at 00:46:51

FS: E30 back seat SOLD
Last post by meeceboy78 in Classifieds/Wanted on Sep 26, 2017 at 06:19:48

E46 track car manual coupe
Last post by Drift30 in Classifieds/Wanted on Sep 02, 2017 at 20:12:46

E85 where can I get it
Last post by JimsR in General Discussion on Aug 09, 2017 at 22:14:12

FS: E46 M3 KW 2-Way Adjustable Clubsport Coilovers...
Last post by bullfrog in Classifieds/Wanted on Jul 21, 2017 at 00:34:29

wtb: open 3.25, 3.46, 3.73 diff
Last post by bullfrog in Classifieds/Wanted on Jul 21, 2017 at 00:33:57

Looking for an E36 M3 - 5 speed
Last post by ambition in General Discussion on Jul 02, 2017 at 02:50:51

WTB BMW E21 back seat
Last post by meeceboy78 in Classifieds/Wanted on Jun 12, 2017 at 19:50:33

AZBMW Forums › General Forums › GTGs, Sightings and Events › 2014 Drive4Corners BMW Weekend Pagosa Springs, CO
2014 Drive4Corners BMW Weekend Pagosa Springs, CO
Car meets, parties and general BMW events. Also member and car sightings
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  GTGs, Sightings and Events

View previous topic :: View next topic  
downforce22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:36 am
Post subject: 2014 Drive4Corners BMW Weekend Pagosa Springs, CO

Hey guys,

I am currently helping organize the 4th Annual BMW Drive4Corners meet in Pagosa Springs, CO. Last year we had over 60 BMW's parked at the top of Wolf Creek Pass for the Group Photo and are in the planning stages of the 2014 meet.

The focus of the meet is having a relaxing weekend with fellow BMW enthusiasts at a getaway type location with scenic views and a BMW atmosphere.

We had participants come from Texas, South Dakota, Oklahoma, and New Mexico and Maryland in 2013.

A main focus for the event is the driving aspect that is only really found in impromptu enthusiast meets and organized BMW CCA drives. We wanted to change that by driving to a picturesque location.

Another important aspect is the accommodations for friends and family that allow you to choose what you want to do over the weekend. This could be a trip to the hot springs, the local outfitter, or Treasure Falls.

This will be the first weekend in August and we need a few people to help lead a caravan from Arizona and another caravan from Utah. The caravan out to the event with 10 fellow BMW drivers was great fun and we would like to provide that from other states away.

If you'd like to learn more about the event, check out the event in review post on the site drive4corners.com/inde...in-review/ and please PM me or email me at Ted @ drive4corners.com

I will post more detailed information such as schedule, event feature car, and caravan information when they are ready.

Thanks guys and maybe one of you could win the 'Fan Favorite' Award. Last year it went to Robert Bondi's immaculate e12!

bastarde38
Soulless Ginger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:17 am
Post subject: Re: 2014 Drive4Corners BMW Weekend Pagosa Springs, CO

Lightbulb!!!! hows about the meet take place in a different state? Its mainly supposed to be about the "four corners" states. Why not hold the event in a different place every year? The same place over and over gets boring and people will be more willing to attend if its not just "hey come to colorado and we can hang out".

there / they're / their ...then / than ...two / too / to ...bass / base ...bare / bear ...brake / break...braid / ??? ...you're / your ...do / due / dew ...patients / patience ...wait / weight ...affect / effect ...know / no ...sell / sale / sail / cell ...whole / hole ...reign / rain ...moot / mute ...its / it's ...pore / pour / poor ...buy / bye / by / bi ...lose / loose ...here / hear ...bore / boar / boor ...waist / waste ...were / we're ...and / an ...mourning / morning ...shelve / shelf ...well / we'll / will ...one / won / Juan ...who's / whose ...through / threw ...for / fore / 4 / four ...bored / board ...steel / steal / still ...scene / seen ....road / rode ...sight / site / cite ...mat / matte ...ascent / ascend ...tear / tare ...throw / throw ...vice / vise ...meat / meet / mete ...learn the difference
downforce22

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:19 am

I appreciate the feedback. Changing the location of the meet was considered. Laughing

The current location is owned by very supportive BMW enthusiasts. At the current venue the host hotel fences off the parking lot for the event, provides discounted room rates during peak vacation season, last year provided a meal on saturday, set up hoses and a dedicated area for car washing friday night after the drive in, provided a location and supplies for the main BBQ and helped secure discounts at the hot springs, local bar, and various other shops throughout town.

Deciding to 'hold' a meet at a location takes much more preparation to handle over 60 vehicles and their accompanying families that just a hotel and parking lot. We are planning for 100+ cars this year and have ramped up planning and sponsorship efforts.

We are open to the idea of other hotels but have not been able to find another location as willing to provide the amenities that we have at the current location. If you know of a possibility, the D4C team is all ears. I would like to stress the fact that the word Drive is in the name of the event meaning everybody is coming together to put their Ultimate Driving Machine to use on scenic mountain roads.

There are many attractions in the area such as Treasure Falls, the Continental Divide, afternoon drive to Creede, trip to the Million Dollar Highway, downtown shops etc that I have not yet been to after 2 years of attending the event. My point is the weekend is what you make it and there are many attractions to see including some ideas the D4C team has in the works to feature new and exciting events. I would urge you to experience the weekend once before criticizing it for being 'boring'. With the event being only once a year, I don't know anybody that is tired of driving to the top of Wolf Creek Pass with a pack of BMWs and posing for a picture.

If it doesn't sound like your cup of tea, maybe you should ask yourself why you own 'The Ultimate Driving Machine'.

SchnellerE34
Cone Killer
Cone Killer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:44 pm

Wanted to attend this last year but was not able to get the time off to do so, and now, I don't have a Bimmer anymore Sad Maybe i will pick one up, or I can convince my brother to go and we can take his Jag S-Type R.
bastarde38
Soulless Ginger

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2014 2:43 am

Whoa, did i write that? My apologies, i got hammered last night. I surprisingly have good spelling while shit-faced. One of my many talents.

there / they're / their ...then / than ...two / too / to ...bass / base ...bare / bear ...brake / break...braid / ??? ...you're / your ...do / due / dew ...patients / patience ...wait / weight ...affect / effect ...know / no ...sell / sale / sail / cell ...whole / hole ...reign / rain ...moot / mute ...its / it's ...pore / pour / poor ...buy / bye / by / bi ...lose / loose ...here / hear ...bore / boar / boor ...waist / waste ...were / we're ...and / an ...mourning / morning ...shelve / shelf ...well / we'll / will ...one / won / Juan ...who's / whose ...through / threw ...for / fore / 4 / four ...bored / board ...steel / steal / still ...scene / seen ....road / rode ...sight / site / cite ...mat / matte ...ascent / ascend ...tear / tare ...throw / throw ...vice / vise ...meat / meet / mete ...learn the difference
downforce22

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:00 am

Schneller, you have just under 6 months to either pick up another BMW or hit a ride with a fellow enthusiast! I believe we have a leader for the group caravan from Flagstaff! More details to come as the event gets closer.

Bastarde38, no worries haha your comment makes more sense with that explanation. But if you do have some suggestions to help appeal to other AZ folks, I would like to hear it!!

love2travel168

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 6:04 pm

I'm in. Already spoke to Tom about caravan planning.

2011 E88 N55 Retired
2010 E92 S65 Retired
2007 GSJ15W 1GR-FE Retired
downforce22

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:46 pm

Awesome, should be great with you helping put that together!

downforce22

PostPosted: Fri Mar 28, 2014 11:59 am

Registration is now open!

Sign up now at the site. See drive4corners.com/inde...tion-open/ for registration announcement.

downforce22

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 10:36 pm

Two months out, who is representing AZ??

335iAdam

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:53 pm

The wife and I will be trying to get out to this since I will be missing BMWCCA O'fest this year.

downforce22

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:43 am

Great to hear 335iAdam! Don't forget to register and get your name on the list!

downforce22

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:57 pm

Great news! Official caravan information has been posted from Arizona! Caravan leader Kai has helped set up this great route.

See full details at the site: drive4corners.com/inde...4-arizona/

Also, make sure to sign up, we are at 66 at the moment! One month out now Very Happy

335iAdam

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 12:49 pm

I am going to try making this still. Long-range Strategic Plan at work always seems to take a dump on it, though Sad We will see!

downforce22

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:22 pm

Awesome that is great news! Hope to see you out there.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  GTGs, Sightings and Events
Page 1 of 2