AZBMW.org
Toggle Content Welcome Guest! Please Register or Login Mon December 18, 2017, 3:28 am
Toggle Content Main Menu

Toggle Content Recent Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

WTB Momo or mtech steering wheel 4 E30
Last post by frontin40 in Classifieds/Wanted on Nov 21, 2017 at 22:08:51

This forum is DEAD!
Last post by laplana325i in General Discussion on Oct 03, 2017 at 22:17:25

Selling VW GTI 1997
Last post by bmw325i in Other Models on Oct 01, 2017 at 00:46:51

FS: E30 back seat SOLD
Last post by meeceboy78 in Classifieds/Wanted on Sep 26, 2017 at 06:19:48

E46 track car manual coupe
Last post by Drift30 in Classifieds/Wanted on Sep 02, 2017 at 20:12:46

E85 where can I get it
Last post by JimsR in General Discussion on Aug 09, 2017 at 22:14:12

FS: E46 M3 KW 2-Way Adjustable Clubsport Coilovers...
Last post by bullfrog in Classifieds/Wanted on Jul 21, 2017 at 00:34:29

wtb: open 3.25, 3.46, 3.73 diff
Last post by bullfrog in Classifieds/Wanted on Jul 21, 2017 at 00:33:57

Looking for an E36 M3 - 5 speed
Last post by ambition in General Discussion on Jul 02, 2017 at 02:50:51

WTB BMW E21 back seat
Last post by meeceboy78 in Classifieds/Wanted on Jun 12, 2017 at 19:50:33

AZBMW Forums › Model Specific Discussion › 5-8 Series › my 533i(update 3/5/14
my 533i(update 3/5/14
All things 5, 6, 7 and 8 series
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  5-8 Series

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mitch5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 12:14 am
Post subject: my 533i(update 3/5/14

I finally sold my tiag e46 330ci, which let me pursue my hunt for an older bmw. I was initially set on an e30 but after seeing so many thrashed ones i decided to give the e28 a look. Well now im the new owner of this 533i and i couldnt be happier.

A guy named tim use to own the car and a quick scroll through his records shows he was an enthusiast. Im sure a few on here know this car so if anyone knows some more history about the car feel free to tell me

Notable upgrades-
M30b34 swap with a 1.3 motronic
the 533i flywheel
all new blisteins and billly boat springs.

theres a TON of maintenance stuff done to this car

i love delphin grey, only downside is it was resprayed with an acylic paint and was done very cheaply.

Last edited by mitch5 on Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:12 am; edited 1 time in total
bastarde38
Soulless Ginger

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:22 am
Post subject: Re: my 533i

ooooh nice. The b34 isnt really considered an "upgrade" per-say but to each his own. Congratulations on keeping another sweet car away from the crusher and check out mye28.com, lots of knowledge going on over there.

there / they're / their ...then / than ...two / too / to ...bass / base ...bare / bear ...brake / break...braid / ??? ...you're / your ...do / due / dew ...patients / patience ...wait / weight ...affect / effect ...know / no ...sell / sale / sail / cell ...whole / hole ...reign / rain ...moot / mute ...its / it's ...pore / pour / poor ...buy / bye / by / bi ...lose / loose ...here / hear ...bore / boar / boor ...waist / waste ...were / we're ...and / an ...mourning / morning ...shelve / shelf ...well / we'll / will ...one / won / Juan ...who's / whose ...through / threw ...for / fore / 4 / four ...bored / board ...steel / steal / still ...scene / seen ....road / rode ...sight / site / cite ...mat / matte ...ascent / ascend ...tear / tare ...throw / throw ...vice / vise ...meat / meet / mete ...learn the difference
rmehrIV
Cone Killer
Cone Killer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 1:54 am

bastarde38 wrote:
Congratulations on keeping another sweet car away from the crusher and check out mye28.com, lots of knowledge going on over there.

+1 Yes, the best place to find any info online is mye28.com. Some of the guys on there do tremendous work and write ups. Also, can't wait to see this thing in person!
mitch5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:17 am

well the b34 was rebuilt. i have a huge binder to go through so ill probably findout what was done soon. The car came with an extra cam and all the old valve springs and rockers so im not sure what was done or upgraded.

I also need to figure out which brakes are on it because the guy has a email for buying 540i calipers. i have an extra full set of calipers so im not sure if the stock calipers are on it or vise versa.

mye28.com is pretty awesome i have been frequently checking there classifed s for the last 6 months.

mitch5

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:19 am

+1 Yes, the best place to find any info online is mye28.com. Some of the guys on there do tremendous work and write ups. Also, can't wait to see this thing in person![/quote]

haha youll see this thing around scc after april 1st when i can actually drive again.

Mpoweraz
WorldTouringChamp
WorldTouringChamp

PostPosted: Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:38 am

i know this car ! i have seen it around tatum and shea a lot. its a great looking car. Grats on the pick up

Cone Killer
Cone Killer

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:56 am

Nice e28, Mitch. In my opinion - and I know I'm in the minority by saying so - the e28 is the best car that BMW built. Take care of it. Glad to hear that you were able to move the e46.
mitch5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 3:26 am
Post subject: Re: my 533i(update 3/5/14

As some of you may know i broke my rocker arm and tore up my cam. I decided that since my car has motroinic 1.3 i might aswell do a b35 swap. I just picked up a m30b35 from a 89 e34 to swap into the car. Looking at the engine i know i will have to make adaptors for the mounts and that i will have to swap some of the sensors from the b34. Im going to buy a rear main seal and exhaust man. gaskets since i cannot use the e34 ones.

Any advice on this swap, im almost ready to pull the engine/tranny out and since i have never owned a car with an m30 every last plug is marked and recorded.

new to me engine, thanks agian m3pwns for the deal

AZautoXr

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2014 4:59 am

Always had a soft spot for these cars, and looking at one tomorrow in white! The engine intake looks just like that. I wonder, ...
mitch5

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 12:55 am

so progress has slowed as i order parts. I pulled the motor and tranny out together. I then discovered i needed a new clutch, when looking for a clutch i discovered i have a g260/6 so i opted for an m5 clutch/pressure plate. The little set back is when i was about to put the pan back on i realized the timing cover was cracked where the 10mm bolt for the hoist bracket goes. I doubt it would cause it to leak but since i already had the motor out i decided to swap timing covers. Bad side was the hub nut was on there. 6 ft breaker bar was usless so i had to keep borrowing better and better impacts to get it off.

hoping i can get this engine in this next weekend

mitch5

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 2:57 am
Post subject: Re: my 533i(update 3/31/14)

Here a little update:
- Even though this 535i was a late 88 production e34 it still had the missing e28 bosses. Here are the adapters i made out of 3/16 steel plate. The exhaust side is complete overkill but serves its function.

This is where the engine swap went bad....real bad. We had just cleared the core support and were getting ready to slowly lower the engine+trans into the car. This is when the valve completely shattered and the hoist failed. we quickly moved it forward and let it fall. After that we cut some wood to help support it. The only thing holding the whole engine in place was the old flywheel speed sensor jammed against my powersteering and a motor mount jammed on the frame rail.

Being 10 at night we just had to leave it until harbor frieght opened up the next morning. Im just glad it didnt fall on the core and crush my car or worse fall on my arm. Heres the engine back in

mitch5

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2015 4:56 am
Post subject: Re: my 533i turbo

It's probably been a year since i updated any of the info on this car, well over the course of the first year of ownership i installed all of the uninstalled parts that came with the car. This included the rear suspension, e28 m5 brakes and a few bushings. The car ran great with the b35 i swapped in, but after spending some time in the mye28 FI section, i decided i just had to have a turbo.

Now i have never owned a turbo car and barely had much knowledge on it. Now the tcd turbo kit would of been a smart choice but im a college student on a budget with a welder so i decided to buld it the budget way. I fabricated every part myself minus a few flanges and bought every part used, except for the air filter, wouldn't want to skimp on that.

For the manifold i did a simple flipped header design and opted not to make the manifold twin pulse. For anyone else thinking of a turbo m30 i had the triangular flanges cnc plasma cut and have extras i will give away

Here is my kit:
ms2 v3 stuffed inside the stock motronic box
stock b35 engine with stock gasket
holset hx35 7 blade inducer t3
80 lb deka injectors
m5 clutch and pressure plate
tial 35mm wastegate with 9.8 psi spring
used intercooler that is probably sized for a honda
a mix of intercooler piping
porsche/bosch bypass valve
3 inch aluminized steel exhaust
no ac, sold to fund build

I learned alot of stuff during the fabrication, like that good ol american steel elbows are twice the price of stainless chinese ones.... Also it is damn near impossible to weld 22 gauge Chinese aluminum tubing without burning holes. I also learned that megasquirt is a steep learning curve, more challenging for me than differential equations. My advice is pay the extra $200 dollars and have a professional assemble and test it because if something in the circuit goes wrong you have to be an electrical engineer to diagnose it.

Now i have the car running and even have it using the stock idle valve. Tuning it has been fairly simple once i fixed a map hose issue. Even though be warned that large injectors are tricky at idle. I have tuned my idle and cruise and have just begun getting into boost. This car is going to get me in trouble once it is tuned all the way. Right now i have held off tuning until i fix a temp sensor issue, ms is telling me the engine is 230 while the upper portion of the rad is 177.

heres some pics

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  5-8 Series
Page 1 of 1