AZBMW.org
Toggle Content Welcome Guest! Please Register or Login Wed August 16, 2017, 3:39 pm
Toggle Content Main Menu

Toggle Content Recent Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

E85 where can I get it
Last post by JimsR in General Discussion on Aug 09, 2017 at 18:14:12

This forum is DEAD!
Last post by JAGER in General Discussion on Aug 02, 2017 at 03:39:00

FS: E46 M3 KW 2-Way Adjustable Clubsport Coilovers...
Last post by bullfrog in Classifieds/Wanted on Jul 20, 2017 at 20:34:29

wtb: open 3.25, 3.46, 3.73 diff
Last post by bullfrog in Classifieds/Wanted on Jul 20, 2017 at 20:33:57

Looking for an E36 M3 - 5 speed
Last post by ambition in General Discussion on Jul 01, 2017 at 22:50:51

FS: E30 back seat
Last post by meeceboy78 in Classifieds/Wanted on Jun 28, 2017 at 19:28:07

WTB BMW E21 back seat
Last post by meeceboy78 in Classifieds/Wanted on Jun 12, 2017 at 15:50:33

Mpg drop
Last post by bmw325i in 5-8 Series on Jun 08, 2017 at 21:11:14

NASA AZ @ WHPMP East **Morning Event** - June 3, 2017
Last post by ramen3pm in GTGs, Sightings and Events on May 03, 2017 at 00:21:38

NASA AZ @ AMP : April 22-23, 2017
Last post by ramen3pm in GTGs, Sightings and Events on Apr 04, 2017 at 22:45:13

AZBMW Forums › General Forums › GTGs, Sightings and Events › Bimmerfest 2014
Bimmerfest 2014
Car meets, parties and general BMW events. Also member and car sightings
Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  GTGs, Sightings and Events

View previous topic :: View next topic  
giantkeeper
AZBMW Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:09 am
Post subject: Re: Bimmerfest 2014

wkohler wrote:
Especially once you're in California. 55mph.

I wish AZ would adopt that. 55mph and right lane only.
M3_Dust
He's Angry!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:29 pm

I wish people didn't drive like fucking idiots with deathwishes around big rigs, yeah just cut in front of me, 80,000lbs stops on a dime fucktards!

He's Angry!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:30 pm

oh and yeah I'll go if Chris and Eric both go

AZBMW Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:32 pm

It doesn't matter if I said I'd go now anyhow. I'd just back out like I always do.

M3_Dust wrote:
I wish people didn't drive like fucking idiots with deathwishes around big rigs, yeah just cut in front of me, 80,000lbs stops on a dime fucktards!

I was run off the highway two times by big rigs driving home from Cali and to Cali.

Those guys are a joke. Truck driver 1 is going to pass the rig in front of him going 1 MPH faster than truck driver 2. But gotta get over now cause there are cars coming........cant wait!!!

Last edited by giantkeeper on Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:34 pm; edited 2 times in total
M3_Dust
He's Angry!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:33 pm

you can't back out if you don't commit!

Hoard5r

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:45 pm

The best part is that driver 2 has been drafting driver 1 for miles. He pulls out and slows way down. Awesome.

M3_Dust
He's Angry!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:40 pm

most truck drivers do not follow safe driving methods, they scare the shit out of me too when I'm driving for work, but I can see how they would get sick of all the stupid shit other drivers on the freeways do and just say fuck it, come at me if you dare

passing a semi in another semi is scary as fuck...and yes that additional 1MPH is a big deal when you are in something like that, losing momentum is a bitch and takes a long time to get it back if you have to back off and downshift

seriously if you are smart you will stay very clear of semi's, you're pretty dumb if you ever spend any time driving next to one, the blowout frequency of those tires is very high and if it lets go next to your car you could be looking at some serious damage

He's Angry!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:41 pm

I also realize it's very difficult for you guys to put yourself in someone else's shoes, but most of them are stressed to shit, have unrealistic schedules, and are overworked to the point of extreme exhaustion.

Soulless Ginger

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2014 7:33 pm

M3_Dust wrote:
the blowout frequency of those tires is very high and if it lets go next to your car you could be looking at some serious damage

this is always the biggest fear of mine when around semis. I wait until its clear ahead of the truck then speed way up to pass the semi as fast as possible then resume speed when ive cleared it. I hate those things.

there / they're / their ...then / than ...two / too / to ...bass / base ...bare / bear ...brake / break...braid / ??? ...you're / your ...do / due / dew ...patients / patience ...wait / weight ...affect / effect ...know / no ...sell / sale / sail / cell ...whole / hole ...reign / rain ...moot / mute ...its / it's ...pore / pour / poor ...buy / bye / by / bi ...lose / loose ...here / hear ...bore / boar / boor ...waist / waste ...were / we're ...and / an ...mourning / morning ...shelve / shelf ...well / we'll / will ...one / won / Juan ...who's / whose ...through / threw ...for / fore / 4 / four ...bored / board ...steel / steal / still ...scene / seen ....road / rode ...sight / site / cite ...mat / matte ...ascent / ascend ...tear / tare ...throw / throw ...vice / vise ...meat / meet / mete ...learn the difference
xAZxE30x
Mr. Unicorn

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:24 am

M3_Dust wrote:
I also realize it's very difficult for you guys to put yourself in someone else's shoes, but most of them are stressed to shit, have unrealistic schedules, and are overworked to the point of extreme exhaustion.

I always take this into account.. that and that they just are sick of everyones shit and do what they want. Ive noticed that a lot lately when they switch lanes into you and clearly saw you there

If i am ever near one i speed past it or back way off to avoid any issues. I had one spit up a tire shred last year and it ripped my passenger mirror clean off the car. It sounded like a fucking missle hit me haha

He's Angry!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:03 pm

I had one of the duals on the dolly (connects double trailers) blow out when I was training, driving the 10 back into AZ from CA, it was fucking crazy because it happened right at the instant that I was doing my mirror check on that side and I saw the thing just explode lol. The carcass from the tire is so heavy and carries so much force at that speed, it completely bent the sprung steel mudflap frame which had to be heated up with a torch in order to be repaired.

I always do the same thing you guys said when driving in my car, either stay the fuck back or wait for a gap ahead and quickly accelerate around them.

Cone Killer
Cone Killer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:02 am

I am in.... wont have the BMW ready but I will drive out the Jag.... do we have any Hotel deals set up yet?

WorldTouringChamp
WorldTouringChamp

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:04 am

A couple of years ago when I was shotgunning it with Gordon, we were driving back from Bimmerfest and about 20-30 feet in the left lane next to a semi and that guy had a blowout. Fucking scared the shit out of me, i'm sure it did to Barney too. Rubber flying everywhere, just crazy

Cone Killer
Cone Killer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 08, 2014 5:01 pm

I am here already so im going.

And for bigrigs I drive one, the reason we pass the guy is we dont like to slow down, because it will take me miles and miles to get up to speed. And usually the truck in front me is going 50mph and I was doing 60mph and as I try to pass him he speeds up to 63mph. Just a dick move. They dont like anyone passing them. Also they slow down on hills but speed the f up going down hill. Also the 55mph is a joke. I hate having to pass a truck at 60mph because I cant go 65mph to do law but all the cars are going 75mph. Thats just unsafe. Just remember if a truck is coming up fast to another move over or slow down let us pass. We will waste much less Diesel and time. Plus you can just get up to speed in a sec which will take me minutes. Also when getting on the freeway please slam the gas most people go 35mph till they get on the freeway and then after the dick next to me didnt move over even tho I had my turn signal for 2 miles. So im forced to slow down and then after I get 35mph the car decided to speed up. Also dont cut us off because you missed an exit. This is how people die. If a trucker has his turn signal on we are not asking to go into your lane we are telling you. We have to move over, it could be a slow vehicle, a cop polled someone over, a cop on speed check, a idiot driver who pulled over at a unsafe place to take a photo of the scenery. Just remember with out trucks the Economy would collapse, there would be no food, clothes, or even your car. We move the world. Work long hours, some are not home for weeks, stuck in a box for a long time. And now we have to deal with high diesel prices. Next time you see a trucker say thanks because with out him or her you wouldnt have shit. lol

But see you at the bimmerfest let me know if you will meet up. I will have few people from here going.

And one last thing we truckers see many girls giving road head from our windows. And for that we thank you for the show.
nasrudin
Has SennaVision

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:08 pm

Lately the "don't start to accelerate up to freeway speed until you are very close to the end of the onramp" strategy seems very popular with AZ drivers.

I am more intolerant of tailgating than most everybody else, but I sometimes get the feeling that when they see me from behind they decide this is the time and place to teach me some kind of neurotic lesson.

The onramp is an even stupider place to assert your steadfastness than the left lane.

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  GTGs, Sightings and Events
Page 2 of 4