AZBMW.org
Toggle Content Welcome Guest! Please Register or Login Tue February 20, 2018, 1:05 pm
Toggle Content Main Menu

Toggle Content Recent Posts
Last 10 Forum Messages

1998 740Il no start no crank
Last post by sbadger in The Garage on Feb 05, 2018 at 12:10:35

Jumped timing on '97 540i NON-VANOS engine?
Last post by m-az in 5-8 Series on Jan 29, 2018 at 20:41:42

WTB Momo or mtech steering wheel 4 E30
Last post by frontin40 in Classifieds/Wanted on Nov 21, 2017 at 22:08:51

This forum is DEAD!
Last post by laplana325i in General Discussion on Oct 03, 2017 at 22:17:25

Selling VW GTI 1997
Last post by bmw325i in Other Models on Oct 01, 2017 at 00:46:51

FS: E30 back seat SOLD
Last post by meeceboy78 in Classifieds/Wanted on Sep 26, 2017 at 06:19:48

E46 track car manual coupe
Last post by Drift30 in Classifieds/Wanted on Sep 02, 2017 at 20:12:46

E85 where can I get it
Last post by JimsR in General Discussion on Aug 09, 2017 at 22:14:12

FS: E46 M3 KW 2-Way Adjustable Clubsport Coilovers...
Last post by bullfrog in Classifieds/Wanted on Jul 21, 2017 at 00:34:29

wtb: open 3.25, 3.46, 3.73 diff
Last post by bullfrog in Classifieds/Wanted on Jul 21, 2017 at 00:33:57

AZBMW Forums › Model Specific Discussion › Other BMW Models › 633CSI----crazy idea? Can i pick your brains?
633CSI----crazy idea? Can i pick your brains?
Everything manufactured by BMW, branded or not
Go to page 1, 2  Next
Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page     Forum Index ›  Other BMW Models

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gringoloco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:39 am
Post subject: 633CSI----crazy idea? Can i pick your brains?

I came across an CL ad for a 1984 633 and i had a vision. I havent seen one built like i see many of the e30s and other 3 series. And i want to build one maybe. Anyone know good places to find parts to achieve this goal, besides bavauto and ebay. also any suggestions? Am i crazy? I found this pic on google and i like it.... but i want something more in your face and aggresive i think.

1.bp.blogspot.com/_MiZ...oupe+3.jpg

wkohler
Hoard5r

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:41 am
Post subject: Re: 633CSI----crazy idea? Can i pick your brains?

Not the blue POS in Chandler, I hope. Just say no to shitty E24s. If you want an E24, start with the best, cleanest car you can find. Also, spring for either an '88-89 car or a Euro. There are two E24 generations, with the one you linked to being an early Euro. All of the cosmetic parts are pricey and hard to find in nice shape. The mechanicals are all E12 or E28. Later cars are preferred unless you have a Euro 635 with an M90 and dogleg.

gringoloco

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:13 am

it was the one in chandler hahahh im not buying one any time soon i dont think but got me thinking or possible potential. I am knowledgeless with the e24s, obviously, i appreciate the feedback. I really want to build something awesome and uncommon. Right now my goal is land another e21.

Gunny

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 8:58 am

You want to see "built" e24s?

Head on over to the e24 section on bimmerforums, or www.bigcoupe.com
I think they'll echo wkohler's remarks.

I have an EARLY (e12 based) one, and I like it, but it needs some cosmetic love, and mechanical refreshing. It's next in the queue.
oh, and btw, for the e12 ones, parts ARE getting harder to acquire.
I tried to acquire some 40/40 H&R springs, and had to go to ebay.de.
Euro bumper trim? BLOCKED by BMW NA, I had to find some nice used stuff. Luckily they made these cars FOREVER.

killerkiko
WorldTouringChamp
WorldTouringChamp

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 12:26 pm

gringoloco wrote:
it was the one in chandler hahahh im not buying one any time soon i dont think but got me thinking or possible potential. I am knowledgeless with the e24s, obviously, i appreciate the feedback. I really want to build something awesome and uncommon. Right now my goal is land another e21.

Ive got an e21 that i might be willing to part with, it has a turbo(out of the euro 745 of the era) m30. Uprated racing radiator, perfect interior, very little rust, 5 speed, its a 77. Is lowered on unknown (probably eibach?) springs with bilstein shocks.THe only thing left to do is wire it up. Ill even throw in an extra perfect m30 out of my totaled e28 535is. THis car is THE UNICORN on azbmw, its been sitting in a shop for the last 3 years, waiting for me

EDIT: More details
Engine was rebuilt, it has a super rare head out of the M106 engine, with larger valves, has the M106 turbo exhaust header and a recently rebuilt kkk k27 turbo
Has electronic boost controller from blitz
has intercooler from saab turbo 900
Has never been started
Paint looks good, its a very bright red
Interior is black
Will need bushings
Has rare reflector material ALPINA/BMW filler plate between the tail lights
NO SUNROOF is hard to find, this one has no sunroof
The 77's came with vented front rotors, the later ones did not,
the 77's came with thinner glass to make the car lighter
the 77's came with sway bars front and rear, the later ones did not
will include the harness and motor and ecu out of my 87 535is police car
has a custom chip burned by todd at TCD, the best M30 turbo guys on the planet.
New M5 clutch kit and lightweight flywheel
It might have an lsd, i honestly dont remember
Has the sport seats
I have to go with the car, 3 zender side skits,
COMPLETE ZENDER overbumper kit (i paid almost $1000 for)
Zender rear wing ( Ive never seen one like this)

$3500

gringoloco

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:14 am

you just made my day.... i pm'd you

bastarde38
Soulless Ginger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:30 am

ol' 87 is finally up for sale! I bet Bo is happy. and fyi cisco, the "rare reflector material ALPINA/BMW filler plate between the tail lights" is called a heckleblend. that is all.

there / they're / their ...then / than ...two / too / to ...bass / base ...bare / bear ...brake / break...braid / ??? ...you're / your ...do / due / dew ...patients / patience ...wait / weight ...affect / effect ...know / no ...sell / sale / sail / cell ...whole / hole ...reign / rain ...moot / mute ...its / it's ...pore / pour / poor ...buy / bye / by / bi ...lose / loose ...here / hear ...bore / boar / boor ...waist / waste ...were / we're ...and / an ...mourning / morning ...shelve / shelf ...well / we'll / will ...one / won / Juan ...who's / whose ...through / threw ...for / fore / 4 / four ...bored / board ...steel / steal / still ...scene / seen ....road / rode ...sight / site / cite ...mat / matte ...ascent / ascend ...tear / tare ...throw / throw ...vice / vise ...meat / meet / mete ...learn the difference
killerkiko
WorldTouringChamp
WorldTouringChamp

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:53 pm

bastarde38 wrote:
ol' 87 is finally up for sale! I bet Bo is happy. and fyi cisco, the "rare reflector material ALPINA/BMW filler plate between the tail lights" is called a heckleblend. that is all.

Thanks for that info, i had no idea what it was called. I left Bo a voicemail saying ill be there in the next 2 weeks.

giantkeeper
AZBMW Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:35 pm

End of an era right here. Gabe, what would that era be called?

bastarde38
Soulless Ginger

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 8:57 pm

giantkeeper wrote:
End of an era right here. Gabe, what would that era be called?

Two lazy cheap mofos in a stalemate.

there / they're / their ...then / than ...two / too / to ...bass / base ...bare / bear ...brake / break...braid / ??? ...you're / your ...do / due / dew ...patients / patience ...wait / weight ...affect / effect ...know / no ...sell / sale / sail / cell ...whole / hole ...reign / rain ...moot / mute ...its / it's ...pore / pour / poor ...buy / bye / by / bi ...lose / loose ...here / hear ...bore / boar / boor ...waist / waste ...were / we're ...and / an ...mourning / morning ...shelve / shelf ...well / we'll / will ...one / won / Juan ...who's / whose ...through / threw ...for / fore / 4 / four ...bored / board ...steel / steal / still ...scene / seen ....road / rode ...sight / site / cite ...mat / matte ...ascent / ascend ...tear / tare ...throw / throw ...vice / vise ...meat / meet / mete ...learn the difference
wkohler
Hoard5r

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 9:37 pm

I never see this car running again, but what do I know. I've only seen it with the old L-Jet M30 5 years ago.

bastarde38
Soulless Ginger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:24 am

Its not running. Right now its posing as a modern art masterpiece collecting dust and spiders. Whoever buys it is gonna have to do a complete flush of the fuel system and throw some rocks and acetone into the fuel tanks an get to shakin. That shit is past being varnish at this point.

If you have questions about finishing this project, consult bf.c mad e21 genius, "charbel" this is his 745 M109 powered e21.

And here is the build thread to that beast

killerkiko
WorldTouringChamp
WorldTouringChamp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:30 pm

wkohler wrote:
I never see this car running again, but what do I know. I've only seen it with the old L-Jet M30 5 years ago.

Its got a proper M30 now, the low compression bottom end, with the head off of a m106, why wouldnt it run? its a pretty simple and common setup. Plus im including a whole extra motor that works perfectly.... i dont know what you are getting at?

killerkiko
WorldTouringChamp
WorldTouringChamp

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 1:31 pm

bastarde38 wrote:
Its not running. Right now its posing as a modern art masterpiece collecting dust and spiders. Whoever buys it is gonna have to do a complete flush of the fuel system and throw some rocks and acetone into the fuel tanks an get to shakin. That shit is past being varnish at this point.

If you have questions about finishing this project, consult bf.c mad e21 genius, "charbel" this is his 745 M109 powered e21.

And here is the build thread to that beast

Yes the fuel lines need to be cleaned/replaced thats true of any car that has been sitting for a long time. and charbel is who sold me the motor mount and the entire turbo system.

bastarde38
Soulless Ginger

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:45 pm

ok well thats cool. but that post was directed toward whomever buys ol' 87

Post new topic    Reply to topic    Printer Friendly Page    Forum Index ›  Other BMW Models
Page 1 of 2