2000 M5 Restoration Project (Pic Heavy)
Go to page Previous  1, 2  :| |:
-> Showroom/Detailers Domain

#16: Re: 2000 M5 Restoration Project (Really Photo Heavy and a Video) Author: 335iAdam PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:01 pm
    ----
A small update:

I just did a few more maintenance items (Fuel Filter, Clutch Line, Front Door Lock Actuators, Oil Change, Coolant etc) and my wonderful wife decided to purchase me an Alcantara shift boot, e-brake boot and ZHP sift knob for my birthday.

So, I thought that I'd share. These are Coby Wheel boots and the ZHP knob is Genuine BMW, purchased from ECS.

Before:

After:

#17: Re: 2000 M5 Restoration Project (Pic Heavy) Author: bullfrog PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 11:29 pm
    ----
Very Nice!! I did my steering wheel in Alcantra from Coby Wheel. Still considering if I should do the e-brake boot or not but these pics are definitely swaying me in the right direction

#18: Re: 2000 M5 Restoration Project (Pic Heavy) Author: 335iAdam PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 12:08 am
    ----
Overall, I am happy with them. I'm a bit too OCD to want to do the job repetitively but it seems to have turned out well.

I am going back and forth on whether I want to do a Coby Wheel Alcantara facelift steering wheel or get a fattened-up leather facelift steering wheel with or without partial Alcantara pieces.

#19: Re: 2000 M5 Restoration Project (Pic Heavy) Author: MkRespke PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 1:34 am
    ----
Is the ZHP shift knob the non illuminated version?

#20: Re: 2000 M5 Restoration Project (Pic Heavy) Author: 335iAdam PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2015 2:10 am
    ----
Correct.

You would need to go with an F10 M5 knob (which is ever slightly different) in order to get a factory illuminated piece.

My plan is to integrate illumination into my ZHP knob using my factory knob or, more likely, a donor E39 M5 factory knob.

#21: Re: 2000 M5 Restoration Project (Pic Heavy) Author: 335iAdam PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2016 8:03 pm
    ----
Just a small update.

I have recently done the clutch/flywheel and subframe/diff bushings, along with a whole slew of other goodies (Genuine Pilot/Throwout Bearings, Motor Mounts, Mid Brake Lines, Shifter Refresh etc).

Car is driving fantastic and has beast power for sure. I also did some additional Leatherique work on the seats. I kind of went a little crazy and bought 8 gallons of the stuff to get a better deal, hehe. Shocked

I figured that I would also include a little love for the E70 with some fresh Angel Eye LEDs.

-> Showroom/Detailers Domain